In today’s digital world, there are many options for snacks which are healthy and delicious. One of my personal favorites is kale chips, but how exactly do you make them? In this article we’ll explore the process of turning fresh kale into a crunchy and healthy treat!
Preparing Kale Chips
- Wash and dry kale leaves.
- Remove stems from kale leaves, then cut into chip size pieces.
- Spray olive oil or other vegetable oil on top of the kale chips and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, until crispy (or longer if you prefer your chips extra crispy).
Ingredients for Kale Chips
- Olive oil or another healthy oil of your choice (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (or garlic powder, paprika)
How to Make Kale Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a silicone mat if you have one.
- Toss the kale leaves in olive oil and salt until evenly coated (about 2 tablespoons of olive oil per bunch of kale). Spread out on the prepared baking sheet so that each leaf is touching another leaf and none are overlapping too much–they should be in a single layer, but don’t worry about being precise here! The more space between your chips, the crispier they’ll turn out: just make sure not to crowd them together or else they’ll steam instead of bake up crispy-crunchy like we want them too!
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven; flip each chip over using tongs or spatula so that both sides cook evenly; return pan back into oven again for 5 more minutes until all sides have browned slightly but aren’t burnt yet (you may need an extra minute depending on how much oil was absorbed during initial cooking). Remove pan from oven once done cooling slightly before serving so as not burn yourself when taking them out later…or eat immediately if you’re impatient like me 😛
Crunchy, healthy, and delicious.
Kale chips are a healthy alternative to potato chips and other junk food snacks. Kale is high in antioxidants, which help you fight free radicals that cause aging and cancer. And it’s good for you! Your kids will love these because they taste like crispy, crunchy potato chips–but without all of the salt and chemical additives that make regular potato chips unhealthy.
Kale chips are a great way to get more vegetables in your diet. They’re crunchy and flavorful, but they also have tons of vitamins and minerals. You can make them at home with just a few ingredients and some time spent in the oven!