It’s been a long day. You’ve spent hours at the office and now you’re finally home. The problem is that your sweet tooth has struck and you don’t have time to bake an elaborate dessert. What are you supposed to do? Well, I have the solution for you: these easy no-bake cookies! They will only take about 15 minutes from prep time to oven time, and they only require three simple steps before baking in the oven. Here’s how it works:
Gather your ingredients.
The ingredients that you will need are listed below.
- Measure out 1 cup of oats and set aside on a plate or bowl.
- In another bowl, combine peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract until well mixed. Add in bananas (cut into pieces) and mix again until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips into this mixture one at a time until they are incorporated into batter evenly. Then add in your oat mixture lastly – but don’t stir anything yet!
Mash the bananas.
Use a fork to mash the bananas until they are smooth. You can use either ripe or unripe bananas, but if you’re using unripe ones, be sure to add some sugar to make them sweeter. If you don’t want to deal with peeling and mashing your own bananas (or if you simply don’t have any), feel free to use pre-chopped, pre-mashed ones from the store instead!
Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients. If you want to make chocolate cookies, add 1/4 cup cocoa powder. For peanut butter cookies, add 1/4 cup peanut butter!
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the desired brownness is achieved.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- If you have a convection oven, bake for less time than regular ovens because the air flow is faster and more even.
- Test with a toothpick and remove when the dough is golden brown on top and baked through (no longer gooey).
These cookies are delicious, easy to make, and perfect for a quick afternoon treat.
These cookies are delicious, easy to make and perfect for a quick afternoon treat. They don’t require any baking and you can whip up a batch in just three simple steps!
These no-bake cookies are a great alternative to traditional cookies because they’re so simple to make. You won’t need any special ingredients or equipment–just some basic pantry staples like butter and sugar that you probably already have on hand.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for no bake cookies! If you’re looking for more tasty recipes, check out our blog.