Orange chicken is a classic Chinese dish that’s been around for centuries. It’s traditionally made by deep-frying chunks of chicken in batter and then tossing them in a sweet, tangy orange sauce. That method can be time-consuming, though, so we’ve created an easier recipe that uses just the right amount of oil and produces juicy meat with crispy skin every time!
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup orange marmalade (or more if you want extra sauce)
- 1/4 cup water (if you don’t have enough juice from the orange marmalade)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (to thicken the sauce)
To make this delicious orange chicken, you will need:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (Kikkoman preferred)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar (or both!) -1 tablespoon sesame oil
The recipe is delicious
The recipe is easy to follow and delicious. The chicken is tender and juicy, with just enough crispiness on the outside. The sauce is sweet, tangy and full of orange flavor. It’s healthy too!
The recipe is delicious. It’s a great way to use up some of those oranges that are starting to go bad in your fridge and it’s also really easy to make. You don’t need any special equipment or skills, just follow these simple steps!