When I was growing up, my mom made banana muffins with a crumb topping. I loved those muffins, but they were not vegan and contained lots of dairy products that are no longer in my diet. Thankfully, it’s easy to make vegan banana muffins—and these ones have a special secret ingredient that makes them extra tasty!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (canola or sunflower)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour (all purpose flour works best)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the muffin tin by lining it with paper liners or greasing it with butter or oil.
Measure out all of your ingredients and mix them together in a large bowl until they’re well combined. Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup, filling them about 2/3 full (they will rise during baking). Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into one comes out clean (you may need to rotate your pan halfway through).
Directions for baking
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients with a whisk or fork until well combined and no lumps remain (I like to use my hands for this step).
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until smooth; pour over dry mixture and stir until just combined (don’t overmix!). If you’re using chocolate chips or nuts as well as bananas in your batter, add them now before stirring again–they should be evenly distributed throughout your batter at this point!4
It’s easy to make these muffins, and they are very tasty!
These banana muffins are easy to make and taste great. They’re also very versatile, so you can serve them for breakfast, lunch or dinner! If you want to make the recipe ahead of time, these muffins freeze well–just thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the microwave or oven.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make muffins, this recipe is perfect. The only thing you need are bananas, eggs and some flour mixed together in a bowl. You can use any type of flour that you want (wheat, white or even gluten-free). These muffins are also very tasty!