This easy meat pie recipe is simple to follow. It will be ready in less than an hour and only takes five minutes of preparation time. It’s perfect for lunch, dinner or as a snack.
The ingredients you will need are:
- Flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp (optional)
- Beef mince – 500g (1 lb) (you can use minced beef or ground beef)
- Beef stock – 600 ml/2 cups (or water if you don’t have any)
- Eggs – 3 large eggs, beaten with a fork until frothy
Step 1 – Sift dry ingredients together
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- To sift, you will need a fine mesh strainer or colander, an electric mixer (optional), and some flour to use as dusting powder. Put all of your dry ingredients into the bowl of your mixer, then turn it on low speed while slowly pouring in some water until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. If you don’t have an electric mixer available, use a large spoon instead!
Step 2 – Put butter in bowl and beat with electric beater until fluffy.
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until it is soft, light and fluffy. You can also use a fork if you don’t have an electric beater or want to save your arms some work!
- Add sugar if you want to sweeten up the pie.
Step 3 – Add milk and egg yolks, beating well.
- Beat egg yolks until smooth.
- Add milk and beat well.
- Add butter, beat well.
- Add flour and salt, beating until combined (the mixture may be lumpy).
Step 4 – Stir in the pastry mixture and chopped meat.
When you add the pastry mixture, stir well to combine. Make sure you don’t over-mix though, or else it will become tough and chewy. Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together.
Step 5 – Roll pastry out to fit an 8″ pie dish. Fill with meat mixture. Moisten edge of pastry by brushing water around rim of dish. Cover with lid and bake for about 45 mins at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 F degrees until golden brown.
Roll the pastry out to fit an 8″ pie dish. Use a knife to cut the pastry into shape and then use a fork to create holes in the lid. Fill with meat mixture, moisten edge of pastry by brushing water around rim of dish and cover with lid. Bake for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or 350 F degrees until golden brown
This recipe is simple to follow
This recipe is simple to follow, and it will take you less than an hour to make. All you need are the following ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup ketchup (or tomato sauce)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
I hope that you have enjoyed this recipe and found it easy to follow. If you have any comments or questions please feel free to leave them below.